Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Suspension Trainers
In Dr. Nichols Fitness Education class last week, I got to work with Suspension Trainers for the first time. They are a really versatile piece of equipment because you can adjust the length of the handles or the position of your feet to make the exercise easier or harder. It can be used to work out upper body, lower body, and core muscle groups. Some examples for upper body are rows, push ups, bicep curls, tricep extensions, chest flys, and more. Lower body exercises can include various types of squats like the one legged lunge squat and the assisted pistol squat. Core exercises are things like pikes, reverse crunches, side crunches. If you want to make these exercises more challenging, you can add weight like medicine balls or sand bells. I like this piece of equipment because you can use it anywhere and work out every major muscle group.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree I really like how the suspension trainers are portable and you can take them anywhere that you like to workout if you don't have time to go to the gym. You can get a workout using all of your muscle groups in just little time. Maybe thinking about buying one sooner or later!
ReplyDeleteI second that! the best part about suspension training equipment is the amount of versatility. There a variety of activities that you can do with them and ou can always make them easier and more challenging. They are neat!
ReplyDeleteI never actually worked out with suspension training equipment. I see a lot of people always do these types of workouts, so I figure they must work. I just never had the chance to learn properly how to use them. I plan in the future though to give them a chance and see how I can workout with them!
ReplyDeleteI was introduced to this equipment by a personal trainer at a gym back home and it gave me a chance to add variety to my workout. It can help make a workout fun and different especially for someone who focuses on resistance weight training. It is easy to carry with you while you travel, takes up little amount of space, and gives you more than 250 options of exercises to perform. Ideas like these are giving people interested in performing physical activity becuase they have more variety to choose what they want to utilize for the better.
ReplyDeletei havent had the chanmce to do alot of suspension training but its something that interests me. Im always looking for a new challenege and anything new that can increase my physical ability is worth trying.
ReplyDelete